Based in Moscow, Russia
22 Oct, 2015
PC / Mac / Linux (Steam)
Message Quest is a tiny stained-glass point-n-click adventure about laziness and her herald. This is a fairy tale in the best tradition of works such as “The Hobbit” or “The Chronicles of Narnia”, inspired by the art of Studio Ghibli. This is the story of a lazy herald called Feste. You may know heralds, the fellows who appear at the beginning of each journey, looking for the hero in an attempt to deliver that “call to adventure” thing, right before the interesting stuff starts to happen. That’s exactly the job our Feste must do. Find a hero, give him or her a call to adventure, and be done with it. No exploits, no saving the world. But all he wants to do is sleep and eat candy. You must become his conscience and lead him through the struggles and strange encounters of the Interworld Road. A cute fantastic journey for one evening - the game lasts about an hour and a half, so you’ll get the full story in one session.
Message Quest is our first indie game. We're been making it for almost 2 years - at first on our free time, and since December 2014 on full time. The game is created totally on self-funding. And we haven't any publishers and investors. For a long time our studio hasn't name - and just recently we decided to call ourselves "Royal Troupe" as the troupe of King of Bards from our game.
- Unusual stained glass graphics that make everything even more fairy taleish.
- Charming and unpredictable characters who will tell you their life stories.
- Puzzles with traditional mechanics allow you to fully enjoy the story without losing game immersion.
- Funny boss fights in true JRPG style with zany attacks and bonuses.
- A new dialogue system that allows you to control both characters in a conversation.
- Jokes and easter eggs that will surprise you when you least expect it.
- A magical soundtrack written especially for Message Quest that will immerse you in the bizarre fantasy universe of Interworld Road.
Message Quest Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "GamesJamKanobu 2015" 3nd place in "Game" Nomination
- "DevGAMM Moscow 2015 Awards" Media Choice Award Nominee
- "DevGAMM Hamburg 2015 Awards" Excellence in Audio Nominee
- "GamesJam Unity 2015" 2nd place
About Royal Troupe
We're Russian indie-studio with our first project - Message Quest.
More information on Royal Troupe, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Message Quest Credits
Sound Design / Voice Overs
Irina "Ressa" Nikitina